Buildings and Land
In the 1891 Census it shows Henry Hinder as farmer here.
Kingsdown Manor Farm
The farm covered 217 acres. There are conveyance documents dating back to 1735. A 1796 Enclosure award was granted to John Phelps & James Crowdy, this site became Kingsdown house and the farm moved to it's present location. The 1881 Census shows Samuel Coleborne as farmer and in the 1911 Kelly’s Directory Joseph Gleave Twiss is recorded as the farmer in occupation. BY 1900 a thriving brick works had been opened next to the farm. Stock was sold by Public Auction in 1947 see Sale of Stock notice under Hyde Farm. The farm is now converted to business units and several private dwellings.
Employment and Business
People and Parish Notables