Contiguous Parishes (our neighbours)
Buscot (BRK) - Hannington - Highworth - Kempsford (GLS) - Lechlade (GLS)
GenUKI - For information on Wiltshire and Inglesham
Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre - The Wiltshire County Archives for all historical documents and the place to obtain original copies
Wiltshire Community History - Historical information for parishes within the Wiltshire County jurisdiction.
Register of One-Place Studies - Inglesham Entry
The Parish Church of St. John the Baptist
The church is of rustic character; the little aisled nave has a 13th century bell-cote over its west gable; within is an assortment of 12th and 13th century arches and an Elizabethan pulpit. There is also some sculptured screenwork.
Parish Registers held at WSHC
BTs held at Bristol Record Office 1837-1864
Where the Thames emerges from the extreme north-east corner of the county lies Inglesham, 3 miles north west of Highworth. The village was once partly in Wiltshire and partly in Berkshire. The start of the Thames and Severn Canal can be found in this parish.
1837 - 1898 Highworth Registration District
1898 - Present Swindon Registration District
Buildings and Land
Crime and Legal Matters
Emigration and Migration
Employment and Business
Non Conformity and Other Places of Worship
People and Parish Notables
Census Returns Transcripts
Elections and Polls
Poor Law, Charity and the Workhouse
War, Conflict and Military Matters