Contiguous Parishes (our neighbours)
Cirencester (GLS) - Coates (GLS) - Crudwell - Oaksey - Poole Keynes (now GLS) - Rodmartin (GLS) - Siddington (GLS) - Somerford Keynes (now GLS)
GenUKI for information on Kemble
Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre - The Wiltshire County Archives for all historical documents and the place to obtain original copies
Wiltshire Community History - Historical information for parishes within the Wiltshire County jurisdiction.
Register of One-Place Studies - Kemble Entry
The Parish Church of All Saints
All Saints is an ancient structure with a tower crowned by a lofty steeple which was struck by lightning in July 1834. The chancel was rebuilt in 1840 when the church was greatly improved. The chantry contains an antique triple window. There are several monuments among which is that of a Knight Templar.
Parish Register Transcripts
Parish Registers held at Gloucester Record Office
BT's held at Bristol Record Office 1838-1859
Kemble is 6 miles North West of Malmesbury and 4 miles South West of Cirencester (Gloucestershire), and was transferred to the jurisdiction of Gloucestershire on 1st April 1897. The village includes the tythings of Ewen and Wick.
1837 - Present Cirencester Registration District
Buildings and Land
Crime and Legal Matters
Emigration and Migration
Employment and Business
Non Conformity and Other Places of Worship
People and Parish Notables
Elections and Polls
Poor Law, Charity and the Workhouse
War, Conflict and Military Matters